All corporations rely heavily on contracts in their businesses. And all corporations require good templates which they can repeatedly use for their transactions as well as access to personnel who can either modify these templates (as the need arises) or create new ones in the changing business environment. Good contracts drafting is necessary to avoid going into contract wars with other businesses.
We provide services which meet these requirements and we do so in several ways.
We can supply a suite of ready-drafted standard templates to corporations which may then utilize their own inhouse resources to tailor them to suit their needs. It is not exactly “plug-and-play” but it is – for many businesses – nearly there. This service is particularly popular with “start-ups”.
Or we can go an extra mile and provide assistance to clients to ensure these templates work in the way they want and tailor them according to their business needs. If they have their own templates and want them to be updated to ensure compliance with changed business circumstances or to cater to risks and problems they have identified or encountered, we can do that too.
If templates are not what you need, we provide businesses with check-lists on what to look out for when reviewing contracts and train their staff to become “contract rock-stars”.
And finally, all our contract drafting services come with the option of “after-sales” support through our Support Helpdesk.
Please go to our Types of Contracts sub-page and our What Training subpage for an indication of the range of contracts which we have experience in crafting for our clients.
The transaction does not usually end with the signing of the contract. In fact, at the heart of every business lies the efficient management of its contracts. This is because good contract management maximizes revenue and bad contract management generates contract war disputes, problems and complaints which in turn lead to unnecessary costs and drain on resources.
As and when needed, we can provide experienced personnel who help corporations manage the entire the contract life-cycle from negotiations and signing to project or transaction closure. We support corporations on important contract administration decisions and ensure that all systems are in place, contractual mechanisms are implemented and complied with, rights are preserved and liabilities avoided or minimized.
We also help clients to:
• Review third party contracts and report on the ambit, risks and implications of key provisions or any “red-flag” issues
• Write particularly important or key project correspondence or document
• Prepare “paper trails” to achieve certain commercial objectives for rights enhancement or preservation
And if you need some hand-holding, we offer the world’s best Support Helpdesk to support your organization.
The range of contracts we have experience preparing is very wide and include the following:
• IT hardware supply contracts, systems procurement agreements, software development agreements, system integration agreements
• Standard service terms, sale and purchase agreements (international and local), terms of purchase and invoicing
• Computer, internet and media contracts
• Research and development contracts, contracts for the provision of IT, design, marketing, sales and other services
• Contracts protecting, assigning or otherwise dealing with Intellectual Property
• Joint venture, partnership and other investment or co-operation agreements
• Financing, Loan and Security agreements
• Distributorship, sales, marketing or agency contracts
• Franchise agreements
• Asset purchase agreements, share purchase agreements, assignment agreements, novation agreements
• Agreements to design, manufacture and/or supply goods or merchandise, contracts for the international or local sale and purchase of goods and services
• Outsourcing contracts
• Employment contracts, Employee Share Option schemes, Commission and Benefits contracts, internal office/employee manual or handbook
• Intellectual Property licenses or agreements, software licensing or transactional agreements; confidentiality or non-disclosure agreements
• Company resolutions (directors and shareholders)
• Dispute resolution agreements; agreements to withdraw or settle claims and disputes
• Other supply, service, sales, distributorship, partnership, engagement, joint venture or other corporate contracts
Please go to our What Training sub-page for more details on some of the contract templates which we can provide corporations.